SNAP-Ed Extension Instructors
SNAP-Ed Extension Instructors, various locations across Montana. Fun job teaching youth and adults about nutrition, physical activity, food safety and food resource management. For complete description and application instruction, please see msuextension.org, click on “Careers.” Screening continues.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Manage and coordinate the SNAP-Ed Nutrition Education program in the county and/or reservation by organizing all SNAP-Ed activities, from marketing, recruitment, teaching nutrition education, and collaboration with local agencies that provide services to SNAP recipients or those eligible.
* Develop and maintain working partnerships with local organizations that serve families with limited-resources.
* Recruit adults with low income to participate in the nutrition classes that cover healthy eating, food safety, physical activity, and a hands-on food demonstration.
* Teach youth in Title One schools, afterschool programs, or in other programs throughout the county and reservation using approved youth curricula.
* Collaborate with local organizations and relevant coalitions to support changes that improve the food and physical activity environment for persons and families with low income. This may include working on projects with food pantries, school wellness committees, farmers markets, community or school gardens, or other applicable community project work.
* Complete all reports on time including travel, purchasing, activity and time reports, and mid-year progress reports. Maintain current and accurate records and reports.
* Travel to various sites in the county and reservation to teach classes and meet with local organizations, agencies, and community coalitions to complete the position goals and duties as required.
Equal opportunity employer, veterans/disabled.