Field Technician I #246327BRCharter Spectrum
Join Spectrum's Operations Team and live the career that challenges you. Spectrum has entry level positions which train you to perform basic installations, disconnects, reconnects, service upgrades and downgrades, and relocates for homes. You will educate customers on proper use of services and equipment and maintain records including daily logs, etc. You must be able to use weight-bearing devices, such as climbing equipment, safety harnesses, extension ladders (that can weigh up to 90 pounds and extend 32 feet), and carry fully loaded tool belts. Valid driver's license with satisfactory driving record, HS Diploma or equivalent is required. Benefits and career progressions are available.
This is a physical job, so you should have the strength and flexibility to:
• Move over all types of terrain in all kinds of weather while carrying tools and equipment
• Operate weight-bearing equipment, such as gaffs, safety harnesses, extension ladders (that can weigh up to 90 pounds and extend 32 feet), and carry fully loaded tool belts.
Additional minimum requirement skills and abilities include:
• Using handheld devices and operate computer or test equipment (for example, signal level meters, ohm meters, handheld applications etc.), including a personal computer and software
• Familiarity with computer operating systems and a variety of consumer communications devices (e.g., smartphones, routers, modems, converters, and wireless devices)
• A valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record within company-required standards.
Travel to and from assigned territories and company facilities, including during bad weather, is essential.
In The Field
Every day brings something different, so Field Techs should be comfortable working in a lot of different settings, like:
• High, outdoor places (for example, telephone poles and roofs) in all weather conditions, possibly for extended periods of time
• In residences, potentially in poorly ventilated areas such as attics, basements and/or crawlspaces where there may be dust, dirt, noise, insects, rodents, pets, and cleaning solutions
• The ability to work overtime, weekends, second shift or participate in an on-call rotation when scheduled.