Facilities Services/Montana State University – Bozeman. Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintenance of the following; HVAC systems, pneumatic/electric/electronic controls, building management systems, energy conservation systems, steam and water tube boilers, steam driven turbines, boiler feedwater water treatment, steam distribution and return systems, terminal heating equipment, steam piping accessories, heating loop systems, pumps, compressors, valves, motors, meters, heat exchangers.
- The person in this position may work individually or as a team member as job conditions demand.
- Position duties require inspecting, maintaining and repairing building and utility distribution systems located throughout the campus and performing related duties as required.
Required Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
- High school graduation or equivalent. Combination of education and/or applicable experience equivalent to the maintenance and repair of institutional/commercial building HVAC mechanical systems and equipment. plus one of the following:
- five (5) years full-time (or part-time equivalent) relevant work experience in the maintenance and repair of institutional/commercial building HVAC mechanical systems and equipment.
- successful completion of Vocational/Technical institute training (minimum two years); or 1,200 hours of equivalent formal certification program training, in HVAC maintenance and/or controls; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of, and experience with, computerized building management systems, pneumatic, electric and electronic HVAC controls and systems.
- Demonstrated competence trouble-shooting, calibrating, maintaining and repairing building control and air-handling/heating systems and equipment.
- Demonstrated competence using test equipment, and hand and power tools used in the adjustment, maintenance and repair of building HVAC and piping systems.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of work safety procedures, such as lockout/tagout and asbestos safety.
For complete job announcement and application procedures, click on: https://jobs.montana.edu/postings/22346.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Veterans/Disabled