Sleep Technologist MSU Sleep Research Lab.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform overnight sleep research studies
- Assist with data collection and analysis
- Determine testing parameters/procedures/protocols based on research study.
- Select appropriate equipment and calibrate prior to testing to determine proper functioning and adjust, if necessary.
- Explain the protocol and orient the participant for testing.
- Apply electrodes and sensors according to accepted published standards.
- Perform physiological calibrations to ensure proper signals and adjust, if necessary.
- Perform data acquisition, continuously monitoring tracing quality to ensure signals are artifact-free. Identify, correct, and document artifact.
- Document routine observations, including sleep stages and clinical events, changes in procedure, and other significant events to facilitate scoring and interpretation of polysomnographic results.
- At end of study, verify integrity of collected data and complete the data collection process.
- Use professionally accepted guidelines to analyze sleep recording by scoring sleep/wake stages.
For complete job announcement and application procedures: https://jobs.montana.edu/postings/24918.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Veterans/Disabled