Director of Education and Public Programs
Museum of the Rockies
Apply Today! museumoftherockies.org/employment
Museum of the Rockies seeks a creative and experienced educational professional to be its next Director of Education and Public Programs (DEPP). The DEPP is a critical member of the museum’s leadership team and will need to bring to the position an in-depth understanding of informal educational practices, interpretation, an enthusiastic drive for innovation and entrepreneurial activities, customer service, communication, emotional intelligence, inclusivity of different audiences, and the enjoyment of working collaboratively as a team member. The DEPP specifically oversees the following programs and activities: School, youth, family, and adult programs; virtual programs for school, youth, families, and adults; the museum volunteer program; the Living History Farm interpretation and programs; the Martin Children’s Discovery Center Public programs and events. In addition to these responsibilities, the DEPP leads a professional educational team in developing inspiring and engaging experiences that cultivate curiosity, critical thinking, and an understanding of the crucial role science and culture plays in our lives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the personnel and fiscal management of the museum’s Education and Public Programs Department.
- Develop and coordinate educational programs that meet the needs of all museum constituents including K-12 schools, teachers, families, adults, university students, and general visitors.
- Under the direction of the Executive Director, and with the guidance of the strategic plan, expand the museum’s reputation for excellence through innovative and original educational programming that supports the museum’s exhibits, research, and initiatives.
- Assess programs including program evaluation, preparing reports, documenting programs and attendance, and evaluating their feasibility and sustainability.
- Manage and develop creative, participatory experiences and visitor engagement throughout the museum including audio and web-based tours and interpretation, virtual programs, play-based learning areas, the Martin Children’s Discovery Center, and the Outdoor Education Area.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Veterans/Disabled